Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our Background!

Karen's Version:  

Stacey and I (Karen) met while living side by side in apartments in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.  Stacey's mother (affectionately known as Mamacita) introduced herself to me while out on the balcony one day and invited me over because her daughter was having a "Man Burning" party that night.  Having recently evicted a "man" from my apartment, I was quite willing to see what this party would entail, especially since there was going to be Sex-in-a-Pan served!  And so, I wandered over later on for food, beverages...lots of beverages...and took part in the official ceremonies that are involved in a famous Stacey Man Burning Party!  It was a blast and getting drunk together was a true bonding moment!

After that, we realized how similar our sense of humour and outlook on life was and Mama adopted me as another daughter.  Unfortunately, due to the circumstances of my personal life, I had to move away to another town about 40 minutes away.  That did not stop our burgeoning (high five for that Stacey?) relationship and we've been Sistas ever since.  We decided to try travelling together.  Our very first outing, I believe was a quick weekend trip to Ontario for a social.  I know we had fun, and there are a lot of interesting pictures from that weekend, but there are a few things that are fuzzy in my memories.

Having survived that together, we decided to try something a little more challenging and spent 10 days camping in Alberta.  We did really well, but were ready to come home after 10 days.  Those stories deserve a posting of their own.

Now after 2 years in the planning, we are going to be spending a month in Central America together and so we have started this blog at our family and friends requests.


Karen
Stacey and Chuck
Here we are on our very first adventure together, camping in Alberta.  We'll tell you those stories another day.  For now, the countdown is on.  Only 17 sleeps and we'll be stepping off the plane in Guatemala City!

4 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWW M.......you know I LOVE YOU FOR LETTING US DO THIS!!!!!!Stace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so frigging jealous.. This was supposed to be my turn to go with you and KAren... It may happen yet.. you never know.. I may fly to CUN

    ReplyDelete
  3. harumph ... baby is all growed up and traveling the word.



    got bail money?

    have fun and in the immortalized words of my favorite hero "WOO HOOO!!"

    ReplyDelete